Rules and Regulations for the Donelli Intercollegiate Strength Room
- Columbia University varsity strength room is an equal access working facility solely for the use of intercollegiate student-athletes and athletics staff.
- Proper workout attire is required at all times (shorts, t-shirts, sweats, and sneakers). Workout attire should be clean and reasonably dry before the start of strength room workouts.
- Remove all hats and jewelery (rings, chains, watches) before starting workouts.
- Personal items (books, jackets) are to be placed in the cubby boxes on the front wall. The strength staff is not responsible for the loss of valuables.
- No food or drink is permitted in the strength room at any time.
- You must have a workout plan, follow it, and record content within it on your own.
- Take pride in the strength room and keep it in order.
- Keep equipment in its roper location- do not rearrange or remove equipment and/or weights.
- Strip bars and racks correctly and replace all items when workout is completed.
- Dumbells should not have been dropped and are to be placed back in the racks in proper sequence
- Think safety!! - use equipment correctly; use collars and a spotter(s) on free weight exercises; use proper form. Never sacrifice technique for weight.
- Do not spit in the water fountain or on the floor.
- Return pencils and workout folders to their proper areas.
- Music with profane or obscene lyrics is not permitted.
- Staff offices and telephones are off limits to student-athletes, unless granted permission.
- Provide leadership with a positive attitude and example, show enthusiasm, strive for athletic and academic excellence in the Ivy League
Strength and Conditioning Main Page