2015 Evergreen Rowing Camp
Camp Cost: $1050 Boarders/$650 Day Campers
Register at the Bottom of the page via Regatta Central.
Protection of Minors Policy
Medical History Form
Session I July 26 - 30, 2015
Session II August 2 - 6, 2015
Session III August 9 - 13, 2015
Camper's spots will be secured when we receive a completed online registration and full deposit payment. Spots will be allocated on a first come – first served basis. Once all sessions are full, campers may opt to join a waiting list for their desired session. Campers will be taken off the wait list in the order their payment was received. A $250 deposit is required to register (CC or Check), refundable up until May 29th, 2015. Remaining camp balances must be paid 1 WEEK before camp begins.
The Evergreen Rowing Camp is for rowers and coxswains of all experience levels, ages 14-18. Both boys and girls will experience a curriculum designed to advance each camper's technical skills and racing abilities through highly individualized instruction. Each crew will work one on one with one of Evergreen’s experienced coaches. Campers will enjoy two on-the-water rows daily, as well as tank sessions, video review, and coached discussions on topics including nutrition, physiology, and the college recruiting process. Coxswains will benefit from both on the water and off the water instruction in dedicated daily coxswain clinics. Our exceptional staff of experienced collegiate coaches will help all campers to reach a new level in a fun yet challenging environment.
The Evergreen Rowing Camp is set in the picturesque college town of Hanover, N.H., home to Dartmouth College. Campers will train out of the Friends of Dartmouth Rowing Boathouse, and also spend time in the on-campus indoor rowing tanks and the Floren strength training facilities. The beautiful Connecticut River, home course to the Dartmouth Crews, offers twenty miles of calm, rowable water. Campers will eat and sleep in Dartmouth College dormitories, a short 5-minute walk from the boathouse. The green mountains and mild temperatures of the scenic Upper River Valley provide an ideal setting for a summer camp.
Head Coach, Dartmouth Women's Crew
- 17 years coaching experience in Ivy League
- Coached 5 World Championship Medalists
- Coached 4 IRA Championship Crews
- 9-time US National Team member, 3-time World Champion
Head Coach, Dartmouth Heavyweight Men's Crew
- 2-time US National Team U-23 coach
- Coached 2 IRA Championship crews
- 2-time Olympic Medalist, M8+ 2004, 2008
- 9-time National Team Member
- Coach at Cal and Washington
Head Coach, Dartmouth Lightweight Men's Crew
- 9 years coaching experience in Eastern Sprints League
- Coached Eastern Sprints champion Cornell freshman lightweight crews in 2009 and 2010
- Coached IRA Pair Champion Cornell crew in 2008
- Cornell University graduate in 2005
The Evergreen Rowing Camp coaching staff will also include assistant coaches from Dartmouth and coaches from other colleges. In past years, the staff has included coaches from Washington, Cal, Princeton, Columbia, Harvard, BU, Lehigh, Clemson, and other programs. Current Dartmouth College rowers serve as camp counselors, giving campers a chance to interact daily with collegiate rowers and get an authentic sense of the challenges and rewards of the life of a Division 1 varsity rower.
· Taylor Black, Dartmouth Men’s Lightweight Assistant Coach.
· Grace Hollowell, Dartmouth Women’s Assistant Coach.
· Al Monte, Dartmouth Men’s Heavyweight Assistant Coach.
· Alex Stein Dartmouth ’06, Coxswain for LTA 4+ at London Olympics 2012.
· Colleen Harrison Dartmouth ’05, Coxswain, HOCR Medalist.
· Sarah Kler Dartmouth ’12, Former Varsity Coxswain.
· Claudette Peck, LCMHC, RD, CSSD, LD. Staff Nutritionist, Sports Nutrition.
· Anna Terry, Director of Integrative Health at Dartmouth and Athlete Mobility Specialist, Former member of the US National Kayaking Team.
Camp check in is 12-2p Sunday (we will have a short pm row on Sunday)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check out or FAQs here.
Camp check out is 12p Thursday
8:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Morning Row
11:00 a.m. Video Review/Strength Training
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Tanks Session/Coxswain Clinic
2:00 p.m. Coaches' Discussion
3:00 p.m. Afternoon Row
6:00 p.m. Dinner
7:00 p.m. Evening Group Activity
9:00 p.m. Free Time
10:30 p.m. Lights Out