Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The Life Skills program is committed to the welfare of the Canisius College student-athlete. This program's purpose is to enhance the quality of your experience within the College setting. Our entire staff-administrators, coaches, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches know first and foremost that you are a student whose primary goal at Canisius College is to graduate. We have numerous resources on campus to enhance your learning possibilities, but ultimately it is your responsibility. The Life Skills program supports a student-athlete’s development in five areas: academics, athletics, personal development, career development and community service. We want you to be successful. We measure our success not only by your athletic accomplishments, but also by the number of athletes who earn a degree.
- Support efforts of every student-athlete towards intellectual development and graduation.
- Use athletics as a preparation for success in life.
- Meet the changing needs of student-athletes.
- Enhance interpersonal relationships in the lives of student-athletes.
- Assist student-athletes in building positive self-esteem.
- Enable student-athletes to make meaningful contributions to their communities.
- Promote ownership by the student-athletes of their academic, athletic, personal and social responsibilities.
- Enhance partnership between the NCAA, member institutions and their communities for the purpose of education.
- Encourage the development of leadership skills
|2010-11 SAAC Officers