Dear Prospective Student-Athlete
Being a student-athlete requires a lot of hard work in the classroom and on the field/court/ice or in the pool. The Canisius College Athletic Department is dedicated to providing student-athletes with the necessary support to foster your success.
Academic Support Services is here for student-athletes to help with a number of academic and personal growth situations. Some of the typical support services provided on a regular basis are (services are not limited to list below):
- Assistance with course choices and scheduling.
- Connecting student-athletes with tutoring services.
- Researching majors, degree planning, career path and personal counseling.
- Development of time management skills.
- Counseling student-athletes on appropriate class room behavior and communication.
- Tracking of academic eligibility; helping student-athletes to understand their eligibility criteria and expectations.
- Assisting student-athletes with development of academic recovery plans.
- Advising the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Assisting students-athletes with scholarship and honors applications.
- Coordination and implementation of life skills opportunities.
- Coordination of study hall for student-athletes.
- Development of competition travel contracts for student-athletes to share with their instructors.
- Regular advisement meetings with academically at risk student-athletes.
Please feel free to contact us via e-mail, phone, or stop by in person KAC-227